Monday, September 24, 2012

God of pardon and deliverance, your forgiving love, revealed in Christ, has brought to birth a new creation. Raise us up from our sins to walk in your ways, that we may witness to your power, which makes all things new. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen

1 Truly God is good to Israel,
    to those who are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled,
    my steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the arrogant
    when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
9 They set their mouths against the heavens,
    and their tongue struts through the earth.
16 But when I thought how to understand this,
    it seemed to me a wearisome task,
17 until I went into the sanctuary of God;
    then I discerned their end.
     in your righteousness give me life!

Psalm 73 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: