Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Almighty and merciful God, from whom every blessing flows, only by your gift do your people offer you fitting service and praise; grant, we beseech you, that we may hasten without tumbling toward the joys that you promise. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God forever and ever.
 Amen

11 The Lord swore to David a sure oath
    from which he will not turn back:
   “One of the sons of your body
    I will set on your throne.
12 If your sons keep my covenant
    and my testimonies that I shall teach them,
    their sons also forever  shall sit on your throne.”
13 For the Lord has chosen Zion;
    he has desired it for his dwelling place:
14 “This is my resting place forever;
    here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
15 I will abundantly bless her provisions;
    I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16 Her priests I will clothe with salvation,
    and her saints will shout for joy.

Psalm 132 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: