Thursday, March 28, 2013

Maundy Thursday

Almighty Father, whose dear Son, on the night before he suffered, instituted the Sacrament of his Body and Blood: Mercifully grant that we may receive it thankfully in remembrance of Jesus Christ our Lord, who in these holy mysteries gives us a pledge of eternal life; and who now lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
    for in you my soul takes refuge;
   in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,
    till the storms of destruction pass by.
2 I cry out to God Most High,
    to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
3 He will send from heaven and save me;
    he will put to shame him who tramples on me. Selah
   God will send out his steadfast love and his faithfulness!
4 My soul is in the midst of lions;
    I lie down amid fiery beasts—
    the children of man, whose teeth are spears and arrows,
    whose tongues are sharp swords.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
    Let your glory be over all the earth!
6 They set a net for my steps;
    my soul was bowed down.
    They dug a pit in my way,
    but they have fallen into it themselves.
                         
Psalm 57 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: