Monday, September 16, 2013


O God, Shepherd of your church, your servant Cyprian strengthened your people by his ministry and by the witness of his suffering: By his example give us courage boldly to confess your Name, to endure suffering for the gospel, and ever work for the unity of your church; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
( P. Pfatteicher after Roman Sacramentary)

10 I believed, even when I spoke,
    "I am greatly afflicted";
11 I said in my alarm,
     "All mankind are liars."
12 What shall I render to the LORD
      for all his benefits to me?
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation
     and call on the name of the LORD,
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD
     in the presence of all his people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
     is the death of his saints.
16 O LORD, I am your servant;
     I am your servant, the son of your maidservant.
    You have loosed my bonds.
17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving
    and call on the name of the LORD

Psalm 116 English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: