Thursday, April 17, 2014


Almighty Father, whose dear Son, on the night before he suffered, instituted the Sacrament of his Body and Blood: Mercifully grant that we may receive it thankfully in remembrance of Jesus Christ our Lord, who in these holy mysteries gives us a pledge of eternal life; and who now lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
    Let your glory be over all the earth!
6 They set a net for my steps; my soul was bowed down.
   They dug a pit in my way,
    but they have fallen into it themselves. Selah
7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!
   I will sing and make melody!
8 Awake, my glory! Awake, O harp and lyre!
    I will awake the dawn!
9 I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
    I will sing praises to you among the nations.
10 For your steadfast love is great to the heavens,
    your faithfulness to the clouds.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
    Let your glory be over all the earth!

Psalm 57 - English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: