Thursday, August 7, 2014

Heavenly Father, you have called your Church to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Give us vigorous faith and a love that is genuine, so that all may see our works and give you the glory. We make our prayer through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen

Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me,
    for I am poor and needy.
Preserve my life, for I am godly;
    save your servant, who trusts in you—you are my God.
Be gracious to me, O Lord,
    for to you do I cry all the day.
Gladden the soul of your servant,
    for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
    abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
    listen to my plea for grace.
In the day of my trouble I call upon you,
    for you answer me.

Psalm 86 – English  Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: