Friday, September 5, 2014


Dear Lord, the Great Healer, I kneel before You, since every perfect gift must come from You.
I pray, give me skill to my hands, clear vision to my mind, kindness and meekness to my heart. Give me singleness of purpose, strength to lift up a part of the burden of my suffering fellow men, and a the realization of the privilege that is mine. Take from my heart all guile and worldliness, that with the simple faith of child, I may rely on you. + Amen
- Mother Teresa

God has taken his place in the divine council;
    in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:
“How long will you judge unjustly
    and show partiality to the wicked? Selah
Give justice to the weak and the fatherless;
    maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.
Rescue the weak and the needy;
    deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”
They have neither knowledge nor understanding,
    they walk about in darkness;
    all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
I said, “You are gods,
    sons of the Most High, all of you;
nevertheless, like men you shall die,
    and fall like any prince.”
Arise, O God, judge the earth;
    for you shall inherit all the nations!

Psalm 82 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: