Friday, October 10, 2014

In Christ you draw near to us, God of mercy and compassion, lifting us out of death, binding up our wounds, and nursing our spirits back to health. Let such a tenderness as yours compel us to go and do likewise. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. + Amen

O Lord, rescue me from evil people.
    Protect me from those who are violent,
those who plot evil in their hearts
    and stir up trouble all day long.
Their tongues sting like a snake;
    the venom of a viper drips from their lips. Interlude
O Lord, keep me out of the hands of the wicked.
    Protect me from those who are violent,
    for they are plotting against me.
The proud have set a trap to catch me;
    they have stretched out a net;
    they have placed traps all along the way. Interlude
I said to the Lord, “You are my God!”
    Listen, O Lord, to my cries for mercy!

Psalm 140 – New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: