Friday, January 28, 2011

Thomas Aquinas, Teacher, 1274

Almighty God, who hast enriched thy Church with the singular learning and
holiness of thy servant Thomas: Grant us to hold fast the true doctrine of your Son our
Savior Jesus Christ, and to fashion our lives according to the same, to the glory of your great
Name and the benefit of your holy Church; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

97 Oh, how I love your law!
It is my meditation all day long.
98 Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies,
for it is always with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers,
for your decrees are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the aged,
for I keep your precepts.
101 I hold back my feet from every evil way,
in order to keep your word.
102 I do not turn away from your ordinances,
for you have taught me.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 50:1-11 - Galatians 3:15-22 - Mark 6:47-56

No comments: