Tuesday, January 4, 2011

We pray to you, O God, the lover of all, for those whom we have named our enemies.Deliver us from the hardness of heart that keeps us locked in confrontation. Deliver us from the hatred that binds us in old ways. Grant unto all people the blessing of your love. And grant unto us such transformation of our lives that we may make peace with our enemies, and that together we might make this world a safer place for all. Amen.
( Vienna Cobb Anderson)

4 He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord has them in derision.
5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
6 ‘I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill.’
7 I will tell of the decree of the Lord:
He said to me, ‘You are my son;
today I have begotten you.
8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You shall break them with a rod of iron,
and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.’
10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Psalm 2 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Exodus 3:1-15 - Hebrews 11:23-31 - John 14:6-14

No comments: