Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Father,
You comfort me in my suffering.
I realize that the mystery of suffering, Lord, cannot always be understood. It must be embraced by faith. I also know that You understand my suffering because You have suffered on my behalf. Father, I thank You for comfort in times of sorrow. Though I do not understand with my mind, my heart knows You are with me and You will work all things for good according to Your will. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

6 Praise be to the LORD,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.
8 The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
9 Save your people and bless your inheritance;
be their shepherd and carry them forever.
Psalm 28:6-9 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 6:1-16Acts 5:27-42 - Luke 21:37-22:13

No comments: