Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. -- Psalm 119:105
Every day I face challenging decisions of all sizes - questions that make me wonder if I'm making good choices. How often I wonder what I should do next, Lord. If I look to the world for answers, I feel confused. Everyone offers a different response and after awhile I'm not sure who's right.
But when I turn to Your Word, I never need to worry about that. You always give me good advice, guidance I can count on. Keep me daily in Your Word, Lord, and once I know the right way, help me to walk in it. I want to follow Your light, Jesus, every day of my life. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path - Prayers & Promises")

1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame.
2 Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me.
3 Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.
4 Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men.
5 For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.
6 From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.
Psalm 71:1-6 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 19:1-24Acts 12:1-17Mark 2:1-12

No comments: