Thursday, March 20, 2008

– Maundy Thursday

O Lord God, in a wonderful sacrament you have left us a memorial of your Passion: Deepen our reverence for the sacred mysteries of your Body & Blood, that we may ever perceive within ourselves the fruit of your redemption; who live and reign with you and the Holy Spirit, One God now and forever. Amen
(Thomas Aquinas)

1 I cry aloud to the LORD;
I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.
2 I pour out my complaint before him;
before him I tell my trouble.
3 When my spirit grows faint within me,
it is you who know my way.
In the path where I walk
men have hidden a snare for me.
4 Look to my right and see;
no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge;
no one cares for my life.
5 I cry to you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living."
Psalm 142 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Lamentations 2:10-182 Corinthians 10:14-17; 11:27-32 - Mark 14:12-25

No comments: