Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Father,
I commit my worries to You.
You call me to faith, not fear. You have given me many promises. Now in this time of doubt and struggle, I ask for the grace to meditate on Your promises instead of chewing over my worries. Watch over me, Lord. Don't allow me to waste my energies rehearsing worst case scenarios in my mind. Help me instead to remember all the times You have helped me. Teach me once again to trust You with my problems and let You do the worrying. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

2 I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
3 Do not put your trust in princes,
in human beings, who cannot save.
4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.
5 Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD their God.
6 He is the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
he remains faithful forever.
7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
Psalm 146 - English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Daniel 4:28-37 - 1 John 4:7-21 - Luke 4:31-37

No comments: