Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Monnica, Mother of Augustine Of Hippo

God of mercy, comfort of those in sorrow, the tears of St. Monica moved you to convert her son St. Augustine to the faith of Christ. By their examples, help us to turn from our sins and to find your loving forgiveness. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. + Amen.

1I love the LORD, because he has heard
my voice and my pleas for mercy.
2Because he inclined his ear to me,
therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The snares of death encompassed me;
the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;
I suffered distress and anguish.
4Then I called on the name of the LORD:
"O LORD, I pray, deliver my soul!"
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
our God is merciful.
6The LORD preserves the simple;
when I was brought low, he saved me.
Psalm 116 English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Daniel 2:17-30 - 1 John 2:12-17 - John 17:20-26

No comments: