Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I asked You, Lord, for huge, whomping, problem-thrashing solutions ...
instead You gave me small, day-to-day encouragements.
I asked You, Lord, to ease the screeching silence of my loneliness ...
instead You brought me the unique serenity of Your presence found only in solitude.
I asked You, Lord, to take away the pain of my heartache ...
instead You showed me that Your love was greater than my broken heart.
In all I asked, Lord, You answered ... not as I had asked, but in a better way. And I am most dearly thankful. Amen.
(Fay Angus)

1O God, save me by your name,
and vindicate me by your might.
2O God, hear my prayer;
give ear to the words of my mouth.
3 For strangers have risen against me;
ruthless men seek my life;
they do not set God before themselves.
4Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is the upholder of my life.
5He will return the evil to my enemies;
in your faithfulness put an end to them.
6With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you;
I will give thanks to your name, O LORD, for it is good.
7For he has delivered me from every trouble,
and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.
Psalm 54 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Samuel 6:1-16 - Acts 5:27-42 - Luke 21:37-22:13

No comments: