Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lord God the creator of all things
Your Spirit moved over the face of the waters at the dawn of creation
You gather the seas into their places and direct the courses of the rivers
We praise you for the gift of water
Now our land is dry and barren, thirsting for life-giving rain
Send rain upon the earth so that it will bring forth life
May we use only the water we each need
And let us take care of and give encouragement to
All those whose livelihood depends on the produce of the land.
Amen
From the Rev. Joseph Grech,

1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came over me;
I was overcome by distress and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD:
“LORD, save me!”
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the unwary;
when I was brought low, he saved me.
Psalm 116 – New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ezekiel 7:10-27 - Hebrews 6:13-20 - Luke 10:1-17

No comments: