Monday, August 22, 2011

Grant, O merciful God, that your Church, being gathered together in unity by your Holy Spirit, may show forth your power among all peoples, to the glory of your Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

11 And they say, "How can God know?
      Is there knowledge in the Most High?"
12 Behold, these are the wicked;
     always at ease, they increase in riches.
13 All in vain have I kept my heart clean
     and washed my hands in innocence.
14 For all the day long I have been stricken
     and rebuked every morning.
15 If I had said, "I will speak thus,"
     I would have betrayed the generation of your children.
16 But when I thought how to understand this,
     it seemed to me a wearisome task,
17 until I went into the sanctuary of God;
     then I discerned their end.
Psalm 73 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)



No comments: