Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stephen, King of Hungary
Almighty Father, heavenly king, your servant. Stephen of Hungary, fostered the growth of your Church on earth: Grant that we, following his example, may by our prayer and labors support the growth of your church in our time and land; through your Son our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

1 I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart;
   I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
2 I will be glad and exult in you;
   I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
3 When my enemies turn back,
   they stumble and perish before your presence.
4 For you have maintained my just cause;
   you have sat on the throne, giving righteous judgment.
9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed,
   a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 And those who know your name put their trust in you,
Psalm 9 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)



No comments: