Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jesus, You were never unfaithful. You were never rushed. You gladly took time with people. They were Your agenda.
Jesus, in my thinking, in my speaking, in the decisions I make, in my reactions to others, when I am inconvenienced, when I am under pressure, flavor my life with Your love. Keep me in You, and at peace in You. Jesus, flavor my life with Your love. Amen.
(From "Simple Prayers" by Ken Bible)

145 With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O Lord.
        I will keep your statutes.
146 I cry to you; save me,
       that I may observe your decrees.
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
       I put my hope in your words.
148 My eyes are awake before each watch of the night,
       that I may meditate on your promise.
149 In your steadfast love hear my voice;
       O Lord, in your justice preserve my life.
150 Those who persecute me with evil purpose draw near;
        they are far from your law.
151 Yet you are near, O Lord,
       and all your commandments are true.
152 Long ago I learned from your decrees
       that you have established them for ever.
Psalm 119 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: