Thursday, October 20, 2011

O my Divine Savior, transform me into yourself. May my hands be the hands of Jesus. May my tongue be the tongue of Jesus. Grant that every faculty of my body may serve only to glorify you.Above all, transform my soul and all its powers, that my memory, my will and my affections may be the memory, the will and the affections of Jesus. I pray you to destroy in me all that is not you. Grant that I may live but in you and for you, and that I may truly say with St. Paul: "I live, now not I, but Christ lives in me"
(John Gabriel Perboyre)

1 Do not fret because of the wicked;
   do not be envious of wrongdoers,
2 for they will soon fade like the grass,
   and wither like the green herb.
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
   so you will live in the land, and enjoy security.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
   trust in him, and he will act.
6 He will make your vindication shine like the light,
   and the justice of your cause like the noonday.
Psalm 37 – New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: