Tuesday, May 8, 2012


Lord God, who in your compassion granted to the Lady Julian many revelations of your nurturing and sustaining love: Move our hearts, like hers, to seek you above all things, for in giving us yourself you give us all; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen

5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble;
   he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.
6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me,
   and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
   I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
    be gracious to me and answer me!
8 You have said, “Seek my face.”
  My heart says to you, “Your face, Lord, do I seek.”
9 Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger,
    O you who have been my help.
   Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation!
10 For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
    but the Lord will take me in.
11  Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path
    because of my enemies.

Psalm 27 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: