Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Grant, O Lord, that the course of this world may be peaceably governed by your providence; and that your Church may joyfully serve you in confidence and serenity; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

1 As a deer pants for flowing streams,
    so pants my soul for you, O God.
2  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
   When shall I come and appear before God?
3  My tears have been my food day and night,
   while they say to me all the day long,
    “Where is your God?”
4 These things I remember, as I pour out my soul:
   how I would go with the throng
   and lead them in procession to the house of God
   with glad shouts and songs of praise, a multitude keeping festival.
5 Why are you cast down, O my soul,
    and why are you in turmoil within me?
   Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
     my salvation 6 and my God.

Psalm 42 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: