Wednesday, July 25, 2012


O gracious God, we remember before you today your servant and apostle James, first among the Twelve to suffer martyrdom for the Name of Jesus Christ; and we pray that you will pour out upon the leaders of your Church that spirit of self-denying service by which alone they may have true authority among your people; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

1 O LORD my God, in you do I take refuge;
   save me from all my pursuers and deliver me,
2 lest like a lion they tear my soul apart,
   rending it in pieces, with none to deliver.
3 O LORD my God, if I have done this,
   if there is wrong in my hands,
4 if I have repaid my friend with evil
   or plundered my enemy without cause,
5 let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it,
   and let him trample my life to the ground
   and lay my glory in the dust.
6 Arise, O LORD, in your anger;
    lift yourself up against the fury of my enemies;
    awake for me; you have appointed a judgment.
7  Let the assembly of the peoples be gathered about you;
    over it return on high.

Psalm 7 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: