Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Compassionate God, from far and near you gather your Church into one. Safeguard the unity of your flock through the teaching of Christ the Shepherd that all your scattered children may find in him the guidance and nourishment they seek. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen

8 My mouth is filled with your praise,
    and with your glory all the day.
9  Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
    forsake me not when my strength is spent.
10 For my enemies speak concerning me;
    those who watch for my life consult together
11 and say, “God has forsaken him;
    pursue and seize him, for there is none to deliver him.”
12 O God, be not far from me;
    O my God, make haste to help me!
13 May my accusers be put to shame and consumed;
     with scorn and disgrace may they be covered
    who seek my hurt.
14 But I will hope continually
    and will praise you yet more and more.

Psalm 71 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: