Friday, August 31, 2012


God of peace, you called John Bunyan to be valiant for truth: Grant that as strangers and pilgrims we may at the last rejoice with all the faithful in your heavenly city; through Jesus Christ our Savior, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

4 I will incline my ear to a proverb;
    I will solve my riddle to the music of the lyre.
5 Why should I fear in times of trouble,
    when the iniquity of those who cheat me surrounds me,
6 those who trust in their wealth
    and boast of the abundance of their riches?
7 Truly no man can ransom another,
    or give to God the price of his life,
8 for the ransom of their life is costly
    and can never suffice,
9 that he should live on forever
    and never see the pit.
15 But God will ransom my soul from the power of Sheol,
    for he will receive me.

Psalm 49 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: