Friday, December 7, 2012


O God, who gave your servant Ambrose grace eloquently to proclaim your righteousness in the great congregation, and fearlessly to bear reproach for the honor of your Name: Mercifully grant to all bishops and pastors such excellence in preaching and faithfulness in ministering your Word, that your people may be partakers with them of the glory that shall be revealed; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen

6 And now my head shall be lifted up
    above my enemies all around me,
    and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
    I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
    be gracious to me and answer me!
8 You have said, “Seek my face.”
   My heart says to you “Your face, Lord, do I seek.”
9 Hide not your face from me.
    Turn not your servant away in anger,
    O you who have been my help.
   Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation!
10 For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
    but the Lord will take me in.
11 Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path
    because of my enemies.

Psalm 27 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: