Wednesday, December 26, 2012


We give you thanks, O Lord of glory, for the example of the first martyr Stephen, who looked up to heaven and prayed for his persecutors to your Son Jesus Christ, who stands at your right hand: where he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, in glory everlasting. Amen

1 In you, O LORD, do I take refuge;
   let me never be put to shame;
   in your righteousness deliver me!
2 Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily!
   Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me!
3 For you are my rock and my fortress;
   and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me;
4 you take me out of the net they have hidden for me,
   for you are my refuge.
5 Into your hand I commit my spirit;
   you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.
23 Love the LORD, all you his saints!
   The LORD preserves the faithful
   but abundantly repays the one who acts in pride.
24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
   all you who wait for the LORD!

Psalm 31 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: