Tuesday, October 29, 2013

O God, the strength of all who hope in you, accept our earnest prayer. And since without you we are weak and certain to fall, grant us always the help of your grace, that in following your commands we may please you in desire and in deed. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen

12 O God, be not far from me;
    O my God, make haste to help me!
13 May my accusers be put to shame and consumed;
    with scorn and disgrace may they be covered
    who seek my hurt.
14 But I will hope continually
    and will praise you yet more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
    of your deeds of salvation all the day,
    for their number is past my knowledge.
16 With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come;
    I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.
17 O God, from my youth you have taught me,
    and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.

Psalm 71 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

Your prayers are requested for the people of England and Northern Europe as they are dealing with a deadly Atlantic storm with hurricane force winds.

No comments: