Tuesday, October 15, 2013


O God, who by your Holy Spirit moved Teresa of Avila to manifest to your Church the way of perfection: Grant us, we pray, to be nourished by her excellent teaching, and enkindle within us a keen and unquenchable longing for true holiness; through Jesus Christ, the joy of loving hearts, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

1 As a deer pants for flowing streams,
    so pants my soul for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
   When shall I come and appear before God?
3 My tears have been my food day and night,
   while they say to me all the day long,
   “Where is your God?”
4 These things I remember, as I pour out my soul:
    how I would go with the throng
    and lead them in procession to the house of God
    with glad shouts and songs of praise,
    a multitude keeping festival.
5 Why are you cast down, O my soul,
    and why are you in turmoil within me?
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
    my salvation  6 and my God.
My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember you
    from the land of Jordan and of Hermon,
    from Mount Mizar.
7 Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls;
    all your breakers and your waves
    have gone over me.

Psalm 42 -  English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: