Wednesday, March 5, 2014


Grant us, Lord, the grace to begin this time of Christian service with a holy fast, that, as we struggle against the spirit of evil, we may be strengthened by the practice of self-discipline. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Give ear to my words, O Lord;
    consider my groaning.
2 Give attention to the sound of my cry,
    my King and my God, for to you do I pray.
3 O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice;
    in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you[a] and watch.
4 For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
    evil may not dwell with you.
5 The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
    you hate all evildoers.
6 You destroy those who speak lies;
    the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
7 But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
    will enter your house.
   I will bow down toward your holy temple
    in the fear of you.

Psalm 5 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: