Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lord, in your boundless mercy grant us always the desire to know what is right and the readiness to do it, so that we who cannot exist without you may direct our lives according to your will. We make our prayer through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God forever and ever. Amen

9 Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord,
    exulting in his salvation.
10 All my bones shall say, “O Lord, who is like you, delivering the poor
    from him who is too strong for him,
    the poor and needy from him who robs him?”
11 Malicious witnesses rise up;
    they ask me of things that I do not know.
12 They repay me evil for good;
    my soul is bereft.
13 But I, when they were sick— I wore sackcloth;
    I afflicted myself with fasting;
    I prayed with head bowed on my chest.
14 I went about as though I grieved for my friend or my brother;
    as one who laments his mother,  I bowed down in mourning.

Psalm 35 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: