Tuesday, July 22, 2014


Almighty God, whose blessed Son restored Mary Magdalene to health of body and mind, and called her to be a witness of his resurrection: Mercifully grant that by your grace we may be healed of all our infirmities and know you in the power of his endless life; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

As a deer pants for flowing streams,
    so pants my soul for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
   When shall I come and appear before God?
My tears have been my food day and night,
   while they say to me all the day long,
    “Where is your God?”
These things I remember, as I pour out my soul:
   how I would go with the throng
   and lead them in procession to the house of God
   with glad shouts and songs of praise,
   a multitude keeping festival.
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?
   Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
  my salvation] and my God.
My soul is cast down within me;  therefore I remember you
   from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.
Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls;
   all your breakers and your waves have gone over me.

Psalm 42 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: