Friday, July 18, 2014

O God, the strength of all who hope in you, accept our earnest prayer. And since without you we are weak and certain to fall, grant us always the help of your grace, that in following your commands we may please you in desire and in deed. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen

1 From my earliest youth my enemies have persecuted me.
    Let all Israel repeat this:
2 From my earliest youth my enemies have persecuted me,
    but they have never defeated me.
3 My back is covered with cuts,
    as if a farmer had plowed long furrows.
4 But the Lord is good;
    he has cut me free from the ropes of the ungodly.
5 May all who hate Jerusalem
    be turned back in shameful defeat.
6 May they be as useless as grass on a rooftop,
    turning yellow when only half grown,
7 ignored by the harvester,
    despised by the binder.

Psalm 129 – New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)


No comments: