Thursday, August 2, 2007

The world "corrects" me every day, Father, quite often unjustly and in no way to my benefit. At the time the blows I suffer seem to be more than I can bear. But with Your help I do bear them, and when I bear them through faith, my actions are examples of Your power and love. The worst the world can do is kill me. I'm not exactly eager for that, Father, but when the time comes, I pray I will be able to bear death as well as I bore life, secure in Your love and looking to the salvation You have promised is mine. Until then I will do my best to be Your witness here on earth. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path - Prayers & Promises")

1 Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."
3 As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.
4 The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips.
5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.
Psalm 16:1-5 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 20:23-42Acts 13:1-12Mark 2:23-3:6

No comments: