Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of a new day. Thank You for the sleep which has refreshed me and for the chance to begin life again today. I welcome this new day as Your gift to me, and in its first moments, I offer myself to you. Father, I will quietly and serenely receive from Your hand the work and burden of this day: its joys, its sorrows, its challenges, its responsibilities and its opportunities. Bless this day for me, for those I love, and for all Your children. To us all, grant your provisions for our needs today and the grace to see this day in the light of eternity.
Amen.

1 Praise the Lord!
Praise the name of the Lord!
Praise him, you who serve the Lord,
2 you who serve in the house of the Lord,
in the courts of the house of our God.
3 Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good;
celebrate his lovely name with music.
4 For the Lord has chosen Jacob for himself,
Israel for his own special treasure.
5 I know the greatness of the Lord—
that our Lord is greater than any other god.
Psalm 135 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Job 29:1-20Acts 14:1-18John 10:31-42

No comments: