Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Lord, I let so many things drown out Your still small voice, things that don't make any difference in the story of my eternal life with You. Forgive me for the times I interrupt and even ignore You when You are wanting to speak to me. By Your Holy Spirit, convict me of the distractions I give in to and point out those people who take me away from You. Help me be quiet so that I can hear Your Spirit speak to me. Please help me be still and rest in Your Holy presence so that I might know what You are saying to me. Let Your Word penetrate my soul so deeply that it speaks louder than the world, so that I will recognize Your voice above all the chaos and busyness of my days. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
(From "Prayers to My King" by Sheri Rose Shepherd)

1 Praise the Lord!
Let all that I am praise the Lord.
2 I will praise the Lord as long as I live.
I will sing praises to my God with my dying breath.
3 Don’t put your confidence in powerful people;
there is no help for you there.
4 When they breathe their last, they return to the earth,
and all their plans die with them.
5 But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper,
whose hope is in the Lord their God.
Psalm 146 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 2:16-23Acts 21:1-14Luke 5:12-26

No comments: