Friday, April 10, 2009

Dear Lord, I thank you for the numerous people who have gone before me as great witnesses of your love. I praise you that their faith stories have been told again and again and that I learn and am strengthened by them. May I live my life as a bold witness for you! Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 Save me, O God,
for the waters have come up to my neck.
2 I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me.
3 I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched.
My eyes fail, looking for my God.
4 Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head;
many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me.
I am forced to restore what I did not steal.
5 You know my folly, O God;
my guilt is not hidden from you.
6 May those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me,
O Lord, the LORD Almighty;
may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me,
O God of Israel.
Psalm 69 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Genesis 22:1-141 Peter 1:10-20 - John 13:36-38

No comments: