Monday, April 27, 2009

O GOD, the King eternal, who divides the day from the darkness, and turns the shadow of death into the morning; Drive far off from us all wrong desires, incline our hearts to keep your law, and guide our feet into the way of peace; that having done your will with cheerfulness while it was day, we may, when the night cometh, rejoice to give you thanks; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Book of Common Prayer 1928

1 I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
2 Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.
3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
4 One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
5 They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
6 They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
Psalm 145 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Daniel 4:19-271 John 3:19-4:6Luke 4:14-30

No comments: