Friday, November 13, 2009

Father,
You are my Source of faith.
Lord, I am trying to believe -- help my unbelief! Help me to take hold of the provision You made for me on the cross when You took on Yourself all my sicknesses and diseases. You carried them so that I could be healed and live a life of health and wholeness. I know what You have done for me, but I need to know it with my heart. Quicken my spirit, Lord, that I might receive Your gracious provision. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

5How great are your works, O Lord!
Your thoughts are very deep!
6The dullard cannot know,
the stupid cannot understand this:
7though the wicked sprout like grass
and all evildoers flourish,
they are doomed to destruction for ever,
8 but you, O Lord, are on high for ever.
9For your enemies, O Lord,
for your enemies shall perish;
all evildoers shall be scattered.
11My eyes have seen the downfall of my enemies;
my ears have heard the doom of my evil assailants.
Psalm 92 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ezra 3: 1-131 Corinthians 16:10-24Matthew 12:22-32

No comments: