Monday, November 9, 2009

Martin Chemnitz

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.
Saint Augustine of Hippo

5For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is from him.
6He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.
8Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.
11Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this:that power belongs to God,
12 and steadfast love belongs to you, O Lord.For you repay to all according to their work.
Psalm 62 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Jeremiah 44:1-141 Corinthians 15:30-41Matthew 11:16-24

No comments: