Thursday, November 12, 2009

Søren Aabye Kierkegaard, Theologian

“Father in Heaven! You hold all the good gifts in Your gentle hands. Your abundance is richer than can be grasped by human understanding. You are very willing to give, and Your goodness is beyond the understanding of a human heart, because you fulfill every prayer and give, what we pray for or what is far better than what we pray for.
“Give everyone her or his allotted share as it is well pleasing to You, but also give everyone the assurance that everything comes from You, so that joy will not tear us away from You in the forgetfulness of pleasure, so that sorrow will not separate You from us.”
Søren Aabye Kierkegaard

97 Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.
98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are ever with me.
99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes.
100 I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts.
101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
so that I might obey your word.
102 I have not departed from your laws,
for you yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ezra 1:1-111 Corinthians 16:1-9Matthew 12:15-21

No comments: