Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eternal Light, shine into our hearts,Eternal Goodness, deliver us from evil,Eternal Power, be our support,Eternal Wisdom, scatter the darkness of our ignorance,Eternal Pity, have mercy upon us;that with all our heart and mind and soul and strength we may seek thy face and be brought to your infinite mercy to thy holy presence; through Jesus Christ our Lord. -Alcuin of York 735-804 AD

33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes,
and I will observe it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
and observe it with my whole heart.
35 Lead me in the path of your commandments,
for I delight in it.
36 Turn my heart to your decrees,
and not to selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes from looking at vanities;
give me life in your ways.
38 Confirm to your servant your promise,
which is for those who fear you.
39 Turn away the disgrace that I dread,
for your ordinances are good.
40 See, I have longed for your precepts;
in your righteousness give me life.
Psalm 119 - New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Amos 8:1-14 - Revelation 1:17-2:7 - Matthew 23:1-12

No comments: