Thursday, December 31, 2009

Father,
I seek Your wisdom.
The world shouts at me, demanding that I buy into its agendas. Noisy advertisements distract me and try to manipulate me with fear. It seems that everyone has something to sell. Now I am waiting in this quiet place, where You can help me to regain perspective - a place where Your wisdom and truth can reign and rule. Thank You for wisdom from above. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 The Lord is king; let the peoples tremble!
He sits enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth quake!
2 The Lord is great in Zion;
he is exalted over all the peoples.
3 Let them praise your great and awesome name.
Holy is he!
4 Mighty King, lover of justice,
you have established equity;
you have executed justice
and righteousness in Jacob.
5 Extol the Lord our God;
worship at his footstool.
Holy is he!
Psalm 99 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Kings 3:5-14James 4:13-17,5:7-11John 5:1-15

No comments: