Tuesday, December 22, 2009

O Rex Gentium
O king of the nations, you alone can fulfill their desires: cornerstone, binding all together: come and save the creature you fashioned from the dust of the earth. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Relevant verse in Veni, Veni Emmanuel:

O come, thou Key of David, come,
And open wide our heavenly home;
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.

1 I love the Lord, because he has heard
my voice and my supplications.
2 Because he inclined his ear to me,
therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The snares of death encompassed me;
the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;
I suffered distress and anguish.
4 Then I called on the name of the Lord:
‘O Lord, I pray, save my life!’
5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
our God is merciful.
6 The Lord protects the simple;
when I was brought low, he saved me.
Psalm 116 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading) 1 Samuel 2:1-10 - Titus 2:1-10 - Luke 1:1-25

No comments: