Monday, November 8, 2010

John Christian Frederick Heyer

Father,
You show me the truth in complex situations.
Though my situation seems blurred and I can see no clear-cut answers or simple solutions, You are there to faithfully point me in the right direction. As I look to You, I receive the benefit of Your wisdom and council. Only then can I find the truth in the midst of my circumstances. As I place my trust in You, I ask that Your Holy Spirit would speak to me and guide me. Thank You for a clear mind and a clean heart, with which to find my way. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

9 We have thought on your steadfast love, O God,
in the midst of your temple.
10 As your name, O God,
so your praise reaches to the ends of the earth.
Your right hand is filled with righteousness.
11Let Mount Zion be glad!
Let the daughters of Judah rejoice
because of your judgments!
12Walk about Zion, go around her,
number her towers,
13consider well her ramparts,
go through her citadels,
that you may tell the next generation
14that this is God,
our God forever and ever.
He will guide us forever.
Psalm 48 - English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Sirach 19:4-17 - Revelation 11:1-14 - Luke 11:14-26

No comments: