Monday, November 15, 2010

Lord, I've tried so many ways to make my life work. It feels like the more I try to have things my way, the further away from You I get. Help me to look up to You and not around me. Help me, God, to seek Your direction and hear Your voice when I'm lost and alone. Forgive me for not keeping my eyes on You. I know there is none like You, and no one could ever lead me or love me the way You do. I'm ready to follow You and You alone. So please put blinders on my eyes to the world and its ways, that I would stay on the straight and narrow path that leads me home to You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
(From "Prayers to My King" by Sheri Rose Shepherd)

1 To you I lift up my eyes,
O you who are enthroned in the heavens!
2 As the eyes of servants
look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a maid
to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the Lord our God,
until he has mercy upon us.
3 Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us,
for we have had more than enough of contempt.
4 Our soul has had more than its fill
of the scorn of those who are at ease,
of the contempt of the proud.
Psalm 123 – New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Sirach 38:24-34 - Revelation 14:1-13 - Luke 12:49-59

No comments: