Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Leo the Great

O Lord our God, grant that your Church, following the teaching Of your servant Leo of Rome, may hold fast the great mystery of our redemption, and adore the one Christ, true God and true Man, neither divided from our human nature nor separate from your divine Being; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

1 I cry aloud to God,
aloud to God, and he will hear me.
2 In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord;
in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying;
my soul refuses to be comforted.
3 When I remember God, I moan;
when I meditate, my spirit faints.
4 You hold my eyelids open;
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
5 I consider the days of old,
the years long ago.
6 I said, "Let me remember my song in the night;
let me meditate in my heart."
Psalm 77 - English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Sirach 28:14-26 - Revelation 12:1-6 - Luke 11:37-52

No comments: