Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jan Hus, Martyr - 1415

Most kind God, without you we can do nothing, and unless you draw us we cannot follow you: Give us, we pray, a courageous spirit, a fearless heart, a true faith, a sure hope and perfect love, that with great patience and joy we may offer our lives to you; for the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever, Amen
Jan Hus (rev. Pfatteicher)

3O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
4For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil may not dwell with you.
5The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.
6You destroy those who speak lies;
the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
7But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
will enter your house.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
in the fear of you.
8 Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies;
make your way straight before me.
Psalm 5 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Samuel 16:1-13 - Acts 10:1-16 - Luke 24:12-35

No comments: