Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We give you thanks, most gracious God, for the beauty of earth and sky and sea; for the richness of mountains, plains, and rivers; for the songs of birds and the loveliness of flowers. We praise you for these good gifts, and pray that we may safeguard them for our posterity. Grant that we may continue to grow in our grateful enjoyment of your abundant creation, to the honor and glory of your Name, now and for ever. Amen.



15But for you, O LORD, do I wait;
it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.
16For I said, "Only let them not rejoice over me,
who boast against me when my foot slips!"
17For I am ready to fall,
and my pain is ever before me.
18I confess my iniquity;
I am sorry for my sin.
21Do not forsake me, O LORD!
O my God, be not far from me!
22 Make haste to help me,
O Lord, my salvation!

Psalm 38 English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

1 Samuel 20:1-23 - Acts 12:18-25 - Mark 2:13-22

No comments: